Cooking Healthy is what my husband and I both love to do together. It was a challenge at first because he’s one of those ’60s kids who became a vegetarian at 14 and never went back. He’s been a vegetarian for 53 years. I, on the other hand, enjoy chicken, fish, and lean beef in moderation. Luckily he’s not one of those anti meat people, and he has no problem helping me cook it. He just has no desire to eat it. That’s fine, to each his own.
The interesting thing about this cooking healthy relationship is that we’ve developed a bunch of recipes that can be either vegetarian or not or both.
If you like Asian Fusion, here’s one of our favorite recipes to try at home.
The recipe makes 4 servings.
Cooking Healthy Recipe
4 cups, skinless chicken breast, chopped small
1 cup, brown rice
1 cup, sweet red pepper, chopped
2/3 cup, Vidalia onion, chopped
1 tablespoon, garlic, minced
4 tablespoons, low sodium soy sauce.
Here are the steps.
1. Start your rice in a separate pot with about 1 2/3 cups of water. Keep an eye on it, and flip it occasionally as it plumps
2. Sauté the chopped chicken breast in a large saucepan in about ¼ cup of water and 1 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce. Add a small bit of water if chicken starts to stick.
3. When the chicken looks like it’s starting to cook, add the tablespoon of garlic
4. When the chicken is about 1/2 cooked, add the Sugar Snap Peas, chopped pepper, cooked onion and 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
5. When the dish is nearly cooked, add the cooked rice and one more tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce.
You can substitute wild rice or white rice if you don’t like brown rice. And you can spice it up with a pinch of dried crushed red pepper and/or a ½ teaspoon of graded fresh ginger if your taste runs that way. Or add some fresh cilantro if you so desire.
The whole dish takes about half an hour from start to serving. It’s less than 500 calories per serving. If you’re a vegetarian, omit the chicken (this will drop the calorie count to about 300 per serving). Hope you’ll try it.
BTW, an hour of vigorous aerobic exercise should burn it right off.
For more info on at home exercise programs and wellness info visit www.mirabaiholland.com
NEW WORKOUT DVD BY MIRABAI HOLLAND:
SLOSH WEIGHTS MIND BODY LAND & AQUA WORKOUT!
GET 20% OFF ALL MIRABAI HOLLAND DVD PRODUCTS UNTIL JULY 30, 2016.
PUT THIS CODE AT CHECKOUT: FABU2 VISIT www.mirabaiholland.com
Learn more: WATCH NOW!
GET STRONG, LIVE LONG!
Follow Mirabai Holland:
And for more info visit https://www.mirabaiholland.com