Mirabai Holland – M.F.A.
Expert: Mirabai Holland is one of the leading authorities in the Health & Fitness Industry and a public health advocate who specializes in preventive and rehabilitative exercise. She has implemented her fitness and wellness programs in hospitals, fitness facilities and corporations worldwide.
Content Provider: Mirabai, and her company NuVue Digital Media Inc., is a Fitness and Wellness Content Provider For Healthy Aging. She specializes in original High Quality, Graphic Supported Articles, Video, Audio, Music and Stills.
Her mission is to provide entertaining content that helps people make informed lifestyle choices.
- Content has appeared in Today’s Diet And Nutrition, First For Women, Health Monitor, Dr. Oz’s Sharecare, Aetna and trade magazines like IDEA Today, Metro Sports, Club Industry and Fitness Management
- Holland’s writing reaches over 2 million readers. Her syndicated Boomer Fitness & Health Blog, Moving Free With Mirabai, is part of a consortium with 700,000 monthly visitors. www.movingfreewithmirabai.com
- Mirabai has made numerous TV & Radio appearances as a Health & Fitness expert including the Today Show, Good Morning America, CBS Nightly News, CNN, New York 1, Fox News, and Doctor Radio.
Over her 30-year career she has worked with numerous MDs, to develop exercise protocols addressing various health issues and counseled thousands of clients.
- As a consultant for Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, she designed and wrote the first Women’s heart exercise protocol for their Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase II Program.
- She developed and wrote a congestive heart failure exercise-training manual for visiting nurses.
- She also designed the exercise program for Rutgers University College of Nursing entitled ” A Culturally Attuned Exercise Intervention for Coronary Heart Disease At-Risk Minority Women and Children.
- Mirabai is a Contributor to the National Arthritis Foundation’s PACE (People with Arthritis Can Exercise) manual.
- She served four years as chairperson of the American Council On Exercise (ACE) Exercise Instructor Examination Committee.
- She designed the first Osteoporosis Prevention Exercise Class in the USA, Skeletal Fitness®- A Workout For Your Bones.
- She is an active volunteer for health organizations including the National Osteoporosis Foundation, (Her Skeletal Fitnessâ Bone Loading Exercise DVD is endorsed by the NOF) American Cancer Society, American Heart Association and sat on the committee on Preventive Cardiology and the Women’s Heart Initiative.
- She served 13 years as Director of Fitness and Wellness Programs at the 92nd Street Y in NYC.
- She is the creator of several home exercise videos that are Customer Top Rated on Amazon and QVC.
Lectures: She is a speaker at major health and fitness organizations and corporations including Forbes, Time Warner, American Heart Association, Education Coalition of the NJ Interagency Council on Osteoporosis, National Wellness Association, NJ Foundation of Aging, Helen Hayes Hospital, National Arthritis Foundation, United Nations, Medical Fitness Association, NIKE Women’s’ Symposium, The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine, Metro Sports, HIRSA, Club Industry, IDEA, East Coast Alliance, AAHPERD, Mind Body & Medicine and Women’s Health Symposium, and 92nd Street Y in New York City.
Certifications: She is GOLD certified by the American Council on Exercise (ACE), holds 2 certifications by the American College of Sports Medicine (Examiner & Workshop Leader For A.C.S.M.), the Aquatic Exercise Association, Johnny G Spinning Certification, and the Medical Exercise Specialist certification from the American Academy of Health and Fitness Professionals. She holds an M.F.A. degree from New York University.
For more information about Mirabai, her work and her exercise DVDs please visit www.mirabaiholland.com