Wellness: Life is a balancing act.
So I started thinking about wellness. What is wellness anyway?
It’s the absence of disease. If you are not sick you are well.
But it’s more than that isn’t it? It’s quality of life and for some it’s a balancing act; the balance of all things. I like this balance concept so I dug out one of my favorite balancing act tools:
Wellness Balancing Act Tool
The Mandala: the wheel of life. I wrote down all the types of wellness I could think of and ended up with 6 categories that I stuck on my Mandala to enable us to live well.
Here they are:
· Taking care of your body, eat right, exercise
· Visit your doctor regularly
· Keeping an open mind and trying to see other’s point of view
· Allowing your curiosity to take you to new places and learn new things.
· Trying to keep a positive state of mind
· Cultivating self esteem
· Reaching out to others for support
· Recognizing your beliefs.
· Allowing your core values to direct your actions.
· Developing positive inter-personal relationships at home and work
· Allowing yourself to give and receive love: to and from everyone that means that much to you including animals
· Participate in social situations; try not to stay on the sidelines.
· Making your home environment peaceful, pleasant, safe and comfortable.
· Choosing an occupation and a workplace that doesn’t drive you nuts.
· Try to have a positive impact on our natural environment.
Recycle more, pollute less.
When the wheel is in balance it spins evenly. When even one of these categories is out of whack, the whole wheel starts to wobble.
So as a certified health coach I respectfully suggest you get rolling, get your balancing act together so you can live well.
Follow Mirabai Holland on
EXERCISE SMART WITH MIRABAI HOLLAND MFA
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR HEALTH!
50% OFF ALL HAND WTS & BANDS. PUT EQUIP IN CKOUT!
25% OFF ALL DVD PRODUCTS UNTIL 9-30-17 Put in coupon code FABNOW at Checkout! PLUS Free USA Shipping at www.mirabaiholland.com
As far as the latest in my world of health and wellness, please check out this health coaching video. If you are ready to break the cycle of failed diets, exercise programs with no results. Do you have low energy, high stress or persistent health issues,
YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE! GET 50% OFF YOUR FIRST HEALTH COACHING SESSION FOR WOMEN CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Mirabai Holland, Certified Health Coach & Certified Exercise Physiologist: