My inbox is trying to tell me something. I’ve gotten several versions of this question in the past week alone.
Q: I’m starting to feel that flabby arm anxiety again as it gets hotter. I don’t want to face my sleeveless blouses with these 54 old arms a year flabbier than they were last year. Is there anything short of surgery for me to do? Are there any arm flab exercises I can do to firm me up?
A: Sedentary women in general and women at a certain age in particularly are faced with this problem every Summer. And it does get worst, as you get older.
In fact we can lose up to 40% of our muscle cells by the time we hit 70. This is called sarcopenia. When we lose muscle mass what’s left over is flab. Weight resistance exercise can reverse this process and can help you regain some muscle you have lost.
Here are two easy arm flab exercises that target those problem areas in your upper arm.
Arm Flab Exercises
Bicep Curl for the Front Arm:
- Grab a set up hand weights and stand erect with your feet about shoulder width apart. Weights down at your sides, palms forward. Remaining erect, bending only at your elbows bring the weights up towards you until they reach your shoulders.
- Slowly return to starting position. Repeat 8-15 reps.
- Pick a weight that will just barely allow you to complete the final rep in good form.
Triceps Extension for the Back of the Arm:
- You will probably need a lighter weight for this exercise because those muscles are often weaker.
- Stand erect, weights at your sides, palms in towards your thighs. Remaining erect step forward with one foot and slightly bend the knee. Keeping arms straight, bring both arms behind you just at or above waist height. You should feel the contraction on the back of your arms. Gently lower down to starting position.
- Repeat 8-15 reps.
Do these arm flab exercises every other day. You should expect some soreness. It’s common when you are building muscle. Doing the exercises every other day gives your muscles a chance to recover and grow. You should see results in about 3-4
For more arm fab exercises visit www.mirabaiholland.com
PUT Fit4Spring at checkout and get 15% off